Hemel Hempstead is a large town in Hertfordshire Greater London with a wide variety of things to do, away from the hustle and bustle of the city. Here is our top 5…
- Nutmeg Spa is set amongst the tranquil woodlands on the Gaddesten estate, the Nutmeg spa is the perfect place for you offering a selection of luxury treatments including a lava shell massage, sunrise Bali herb ritual. Nutmeg is a perfect spa for couples, as they actually offer a double Thai Temple spa room in which all treatment packages are available for two to share.
- The Snow Centre is great day out for all the family on the slopes – without the hassle of leaving the country! Offering skiing, snowboarding and sledging for all levels of experience, and a bar and alpine themed restaurant for those who just fancy chilling out watching the piste action with the panoramic view of the slope.
- Amaravati Buddhist Monastery is a community of monks and nuns living and practising in the Theravada tradition, established in 1984 in the Chiltern Hills area. People, Buddhist or otherwise, are welcome to visit and live amongst the monastic community, and are able to practice working and individual meditation. You can actually schedule your stay to correspond to the phases of the moon, and there is also an option to stay for the winter retreat (one month or longer).
- Frithsden Vineyard is an exclusive speciality vineyard and winery set in the Chiltern hills with over 6000 vines, specially developed to thrive in Britain’s cooler climate. Wine is pressed and bottled on site and sold in the shop on site. They also hold a variety of events at Frithsden, including themed ‘foodie’ evenings, fates, festivals and open days, showcasing not only their wines but lots of other great local produce. If you are attending a wine event please remember to drink responsibly and designate a driver, or book a local Hemel Hempstead taxi.
- The XC is a jam packed activity centre that offers everything from skate ramps to a high rope obstacle course, the ideal day out for thrill seekers! The skate and bmx park is actually the UK’s only concrete covered pool and bowl complex, and the XC’s indoor caving system is the largest in the whole of Europe! There is also a climbing wall where the routes are regularly switched up to keep things interesting for climbers both experienced and beginners alike.