There are certain types of illnesses where patients could benefit from a cannabis oil treatment alongside their prescribed medical routine. These can include physical diseases such as Parkinson’s disease, epilepsy, multiple sclerosis, but also some mental disorders such as bi polar and ADD.
Cannabis oil can help to relieve symptoms such as;
- Pain and inflammation – Cannabinoids can help to relieve pain and inflammation by inhibiting neuronal transmission in pain pathways in the body. The oil is used alongside traditional treatment for patients in chronic pain with diseases such as cancer who are going through chemotherapy. Research has also shown that cannabis oil can have some anticancer properties.
- Anxiety and Sleep issues – Cannabis oil can relieve inability to sleep and restlessness issues. It has been proven to have beneficial effects when used in treating Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, reportedly reducing anxiety and insomnia.
- Involuntary muscle spasms – Cannabis oil can help with involuntary muscle spasms caused by diseases and help to ease pain associated with diseases such as Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, or arthritis.
- Acne and psoriasis – Cannabis oil can help to regulate some skin conditions and applying it to the skin can promote the shedding of dead skin cells, as cannabinoids are responsible for lipid production.
- Eating disorders – Cannabis oil can help people with eating disorders such as anorexia and also obesity, as it can stimulate the digestive system.
- Eye problems – Glaucoma is caused when there is a build-up of fluid putting pressure on the retina, optic nerve and lens. Glaucoma can have extremely serious consequences if left untreated and can actually cause complete loss of sight. Cannabis oil can temporarily lower the pressure put on the eye (IOP).
Most patients who use cannabis oil start with a small amount and increase their doses over a long period of time. If you are going to buy cannabis oil you should always check with your doctor / a medical professional to make sure you are not mixing cannabis oil with a prescribed medicine that could be a potentially dangerous mix. It can be dangerous to mix cannabis oil with other medications — such as some antidepressants and anxiety medications, seizure medications, muscle relaxers and pain relievers — because it may cause extreme drowsiness and fatigue.